50 signatures reached
To: all adventure seekers near and far!
Support Rail Explorers Byron
Please give your support to Rail Explorers Byron's proposal to bring pedal powered 'rail bikes' to the 13km of rail track between Bangalow and Byron Bay.
Why is this important?
1. Access for all. Everyone can ride the rail bikes - the elderly, families with young children and the disabled. This means that everyone can enjoy the spectacular views and beautiful scenery between Bangalow and Byron Bay.
2. Employment. Rail Explorers will create approx 22 full time jobs from day one, with many more jobs available in the future.
3. Social Enterprise. Rail Explorers is committed to donating up to 20% of profits back to the local community.
4. Economic and Environmental Sustainability. Rail Explorers will generate revenue through ticket sales. This revenue will help to fund the maintenance of the Northern Rivers Rail Trail. Rail Explorers will utilise the existing rail infrastructure, with very minimal environmental impact.
5. Preserve the rails. Rail Explorers will clear, repair and maintain the 13km of track between Bangalow and Byron Bay. If in the future it becomes feasible to re-introduce public transport on the corridor, the tracks will be still in place.
6. A Fun and Unique Activity. Rail bikes are extremely popular in South Korea, Europe and North America. Rail Explorers Byron will bring this fantastic attraction to Byron Bay.
7. Rail Trail beside the tracks. Rail Explorers is looking into the feasibility of building the bike and walking trail beside the tracks.