1,000 signatures reached
To: NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian and Ministers Anthony Roberts and Matt Kean
NO SHORT-TERM LETS NEXT TO OUR HOMES - WE WANT NEIGHBOURS NOT STRANGERS
A State Government Report recommends an end to our rights to safe, stable affordable housing. The Report wants:
1. Short-Term Lets by Expedia/Stayz/Airbnb etc to be allowed in all NSW homes as Exempt and Complying Development.
2. Short-Term Lets - minimum 30-minute bookings - to be considered Residential tenancies so they will not "trigger any issues associated with the Building Code of Australia (legislation)". Fire & Rescue, Disability Discrimination, Residential Tenancy Legislation etc will all be circumvented.
"Australia is the most penetrated (Airbnb) market in the world.” (Airbnb’s Sam McDonagh)
What is the limit of Expedia/Stayz/Airbnb's penetration into our Housing and home lives? No reply = No limit.
A 75.5 % increase in Sydney Airbnb listings in the 6 months since May = 23,588 homes for residents and tenants gone.
LEGISLATORS, STOP THE SHORT-TERM LETTING NEXT TO OUR HOMES AND APARTMENTS!
1) SIGN & PLEASE SHARE THIS PETITION
2) SEE http://www.neighboursnotstrangers.com
3) JOIN US ON A COMBINED 'DAY OF ACTION' - DETAILS TO BE CONFIRMED
Why is this important?
NSW LAND & ENVIRONMENT COURT JUDGEMENTS: "Mixed-Use is FUNDAMENTALLY INCOMPATIBLE."
BUILDING STANDARDS, NSW FIRE & RESCUE plus DISABILITY DISCRIMINATION CRITERIA AND LEGISLATION WERE IGNORED.
ONE SET OF RULES FOR NSW TENANTS, NO RULES FOR THOSE USING HOMES FOR HOLIDAYS.
There is an AFFORDABLE HOUSING and HOMELESSNESS CRISIS STATE-WIDE.
MALCOLM TURNBULL got rid of his neighbour's short-term lets IMMEDIATELY!
SHORT-TERM LETTING STRIPS HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FROM THE VALUE OF OUR HOUSING.
HOMES NOT HOTELS...COMMUNITIY BEFORE PROFITS...NEIGHBOURS NOT STRANGERS
How it will be delivered
Deliver this Petition to them in person