10 signatures reached
To: QLD Govt
NO HIGHRISE DEVELOPMENT ON THE SPIT!
THE PALASZCZUK GOVERNMENT SHOULD PUT LEGISLATIONS IN PLACE ONCE AND FOR ALL TO HAVE THE SPIT AT MAIN BEACH PRESERVED AS OPEN SPACE/RECREATION AREA FOR NOW AND FUTURE GENERATIONS.
Why is this important?
Even if ASF or any other company would pay a fair market price for the land (and we know this would NEVER happen!) the answer to their application SHOULD BE: NO!
1. If the SEAWAY/BROADWATER is meddled with in any shape or form the resulting effect on river tides/sand movement/silting/effect on the ecosystem is anyone's guess? WE CANNOT RISK IT!
2. We need the SPIT and all other open spaces on the Gold Coast to be preserved as our city is full of high-rises, we haven't got enough roads, our public transport system is basically non-existent, traffic is chocked throughout the city 24/7.
3. No development should be allowed north of Sea-World!
We need the Spit developed as parkland and for recreation now and for future generations.
4. The Gold Coast, specially the central area where most high-rises are has no park with trees! Our greedy, self-serving council for decades has been selling anything/everything that could be sold... and the raping of the natural environment continues. This city NEEDS a decent large park, such as the Central Park in New York.
Humans NEED OXYGEN TO SURVIVE which oxygen comes from TREES! No use to say that the Hinterland has enough trees and oxygen when the coastal winds blow it the other way, away from the coastal region where the high-rises and the biggest traffic exist.
5. ASF and all other companies should once and for all be given the thumbs down as far as the SPIT is concerned!