500 signatures reached
To: Minister for Local Government Paul Toole
DUMP FORCED COUNCIL AMALGAMATIONS AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT MINISTER PAUL TOOLE
The Minister Paul Toole does not have the confidence of the people of NSW. Minister Paul Toole and the forced amalgamation process should be dumped.
Why is this important?
The Minister for Local Government, Paul Toole must resign or be sacked immediately. He has lost the confidence of the people of NSW.
Minister Paul Toole is trying to push forced council amalgamations onto almost half of NSW’s councils.
• He has provided no explanation to the people of NSW as to why so many of these forced council amalgamations appear to have fallen out of the sky on 18 Dec 2015. Many are plain illogical and have never been consulted with the community or with councils.
• He has provided no evidence to support the claims of benefits in his 35 forced council amalgamation proposals except for a KPMG report commissioned by the Minister which he continues to hide from everyone including the delegates and councils making it impossible to assess the amalgamation proposals.
• His work is sloppy and shabby. All the amalgamation proposals he has presented are deeply flawed documents full of serious inaccuracies which are clearly evident - even in the absence of the hidden KPMG report.
• He has shown poor governance in not presenting any risk analysis for the 35 forced amalgamation proposals.
• He has shown only contempt for the sector he is supposed to represent by continuing to bully and manipulate communities, council staff and elected representatives.
• He has sought to deceive the public with false advertising about “broken councils” and fabrications about councils being in debt.
• He has broken his promise to the people of No Forced Council Amalgamations.
Genuine improvements and reforms of the local government sector can be achieved but not through forced council amalgamations and not with Paul Toole as Minister for Local Government.
Minister Paul Toole does not have the confidence of the people of NSW. Minister Paul Toole and the forced amalgamation process should be dumped.