Save Our Hospitals
The Coalition has cut $57 billion from local hospitals funding since they were elected in 2013. This could mean fewer doctors, nurses, or beds, and longer emergency room and elective surgery waiting times.
In coming weeks, people will step up in their local communities to call on their Federal MPs and local candidates to commit to adequately-funded hospitals. Together, we'll lay the foundations for a strong and secure healthcare system for all Australians.
Will you be part of it? Search for your nearest hospital and find out how much it stands to lose.
Want to lead a petition? As the leader, you’ll be the representative for the petition in your community, and will:
- Be supported by GetUp staff to collect signatures for your petition online and in the community
- Organise a delivery of the petition to your local MP with people who signed the petition
- If you’re keen, you can join other GetUp members and handout scorecards on election day
- The best part? You'll be supported by GetUp staff every step of the way
- Search for your nearest hospital petition, and click "I'll be a leader"
- If you don't already have one, you'll need to register for a CommunityRun account
- Follow the prompts from there
After that, we'll be in touch to walk you through next steps.